Sunday, February 15, 2009

Scary

A couple articles I read scared me recently. I had read the same things on blogs and the non-mainstream media, but when you start seeing them in the mainstream media, it begins to scare me. Basically, they are saying the govt may not be able to borrow all the money it needs for the stimulus since countries don't have the money they used to. Interest payments are the 4th biggest expenditure for the US govt after Social Security, Medicare, and defense. The article that scares me the most is the one that says it is possible that the US govt loses their AAA rating. If that happens the dollar could collapse and that would be trouble. Maybe we should be buying gold!

Couple links:

Can countries afford to pay for our bailouts?


These links are embedded in the above link:
Biggest debt buyers

AAA rating ok?

No comments:

Post a Comment